[nv-l] font & color question

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] font & color question
From: jason.ctr.alburger@faa.gov
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:49:41 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:57:03 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Red Hat 7.2, NetView 7.1.3 + FixPack 1

I'm having trouble changing the displayed colors in the events list.  I've
created the $HOME/.Xdefaults file which works with mixed results.  If I log
in REMOTELY to my Netview server & start NetView, all colors & fonts look
as I've specified in the $HOME/.Xdefaults file.  That much is OK.

If I log in DIRECTLY to my NetView server, the colors & fonts are displayed
only as specified in the system config files in the /usr/OV/app-defaults
directory.  I can only get the colors & fonts to look like what I want if I
edit the system config files in /usr/OV/app-defaults if I log directly into
the box.  Why won't it use the $HOME/.Xdefaults file???

Thanks in advance!!

Jason Alburger
609-485-7225
CPDLC Engineer