[nv-l] I want an easy move of NetView from AIX to Solaris

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] I want an easy move of NetView from AIX to Solaris
From: <Tom.Gebhart@conagrafoods.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:53:46 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 May 2004 19:08:28 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Greetings all,

We are planning to move our NetView (currently v7.1.2 on AIX 4.3.3, ml10) to a new server.  The current server can't support AIX 5.x.

The new server will be Solaris 2.8.  I would like to upgrade NetView to v7.1.4 at the same time.  I have a case open with support for help/advice but would like to get this group's help/advice as well.

        Q1 - Has anyone ever (successfully) migrated their databases from AIX to Solaris?  We have a lot of ipmap customizing that I would like to keep in tact if possible.

        Q2 - Would location.conf be any help if new discovery is required?  I can't find any doc on how to create a location.conf of my current ipmap short of the tool some people call "vi" (I call it lots of other things whenever I have to use it).

        Q3 - I could upgrade to v7.1.3 plus fixpack vice v7.1.4 plus fixpack.  Any reason to NOT go with v7.1.4 on Solaris?

Thanks in advance for any and all comments, Tom G.

ole0.bmp
Tom Gebhart
Enterprise Technology Services
(402) 577-3677