Re: [nv-l] I want an easy move of NetView from AIX to Solaris

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] I want an easy move of NetView from AIX to Solaris
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:17:28 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 May 2004 08:28:26 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Tom,
Not my script!! A different public-spirited citizen who prefers to remain anonymous. However, I did test it. You need to redirect the output of the script to a file, so the method would be:

ovmapdump -v > /tmp/ovmapdump.out            (this dumps the default map)
build_location.pl /tmp/ovmapdump.out > /tmp/location.conf
Check /tmp/location.conf
cd /usr/OV/conf
cp location.conf location.bak         (for safety)
cp /tmp/location.conf location.conf

Cheers,
Jane

Tom.Gebhart@conagrafoods.com wrote:

Jane,

        Thanks for the info (and the fine public-spirit).  And thanks to the
others here who have responded so quickly already as well.  I will collect
everyone's suggestions and probably use them all as I move forward.

I downloaded the perl script but am having trouble getting the output.
        I ran the ovmapdump -v and directed the output to a cleverly named file
in /tmp.  Then I ran the build_location_conf_pl /tmp/dump.tom and got the
screen messages that indicate successful completion.  But I can't find the new
location.conf.  I thought it might overwrite my old one, but no.

        What am I doing wrong?  Thanks again to all, Tom G.