[nv-l] Blue Icons

To: netview Tivoli <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Blue Icons
From: Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 11:09:22 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 May 2004 16:20:31 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi Folks,
I am having a very deranging problem with my Map.

1- I have created a seed file
2- I have entered a device hostname "node1"
3- I am able to resolve the hostname by nslookup, same for its IP
4- "node1" IP does not fall within the blocked (negative entries) range
5- after discovery, node1 is still blue
6- the ping works
7- the "Demand Poll" does not
8- The List of Object Attributes shows "IP Status" unmanaged
9- I clicked on "Options->Manage Object", still blue
10- I clicked on "Unmanaged", the icon became wheat color,  then clicked again on "Managed", still blue color.
11- I have ran "ovstop netmon; ovmapcount -av ; ovtopofix -Av; ovstart netmon", nothing changed .....

12- I have launched  the "automatic mapa regeneration" which drops the map dbase and the object dbase, nothing changed.

Q1: Any Idea?

Q2: Would my order of patches installation be the problem? I have installed the patches in the following order:
IY42241
IY41984
IY40202
IY40807