[nv-l] RE: [nv-l] change network labels [ virengeprüft]

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] RE: [nv-l] change network labels [ virengeprüft]
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 08:56:17 -0400
Cc: "'tilo.strauch@rzleipzig.de'" <tilo.strauch@rzleipzig.de>, "'Paul'" <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:06:58 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

/etc/networks is the file on AIX also.

Be careful not to name a network with a name that is already in NetView's database. For example, don't label a network "Tivoli" and have a Smartset or a Location named "Tivoli". Unpredictable Results will occur !!!

Been there, done that....

This is a post from several years ago when I learned this.

http://lists.skills-1st.co.uk/mharc/html/nv-l/2001-01/msg00121.html

Don Davis