Re: [nv-l] Netview windows connected to a Solaris server

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview windows connected to a Solaris server
From: alejandro.gabay@reuters.com
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 14:24:06 -0300
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:46:19 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Ray, thank you.
Do you know where shall I get the full Java version console?

B. Regards
Alejandro

                      ray.smith@clorox.

                      com                      To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

                      Sent by:                 cc:

                      owner-nv-l@lists.        Subject:  Re: [nv-l] Netview
windows connected to a Solaris
                      us.ibm.com                server

                                               Header:
             Internal Use
                      21/05/2004 12:57          Only

                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

Alejandro,

What I hear a lot of people doing in your type of environment, with NetView
running on a Solaris box and clients on windows, is to have the clients use the
full version Java web console rather than the light version which uses the web
browser.

We took this approach of providing the full Java client to our support staff
and it is working out quite nicely.

Ray Smith
IS Engineer
The Clorox Services Company
925-425-4363

                             !

                           alejandro.gabay@reuters.com

                             !

                           Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

                                         To:        nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

                             !

                                         cc:

                             !

                                         Subject:        Re: [nv-l] Netview
windows connected to a Solaris server

                                 !

                           05/21/2004 11:57 AM

                             !

                           Please respond to nv-l

                             !

                             !

Paul,George:
Thank you for your response.
Is it possible to use a Windows based browser console against a Solaris server?
When I try to access the Netview server via web browser, I see the message
"Netview Applet not loaded" on the Internet Explorer browser.

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay

                     Paul
                     <pstroud@bellsout        To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                     h.net>                   cc:
                     Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [nv-l] Netview
windows connected to a Solaris
                     owner-nv-l@lists.         server
                     us.ibm.com
                                              Header:
            Internal Use
                                               Only
                     21/05/2004 09:37
                     Please respond to
                     nv-l

You cannot cross platforms on the Client software. You can go
UNIX-2-UNIX and Windows-2-Windows, but cannot mix and match
the two.

Paul

alejandro.gabay@reuters.com wrote:

>Hi I am trying to setup a Netview client connected to a netview server running
>Solaris 2.8.
>When installing the client, setup prompts me for a server password to access
>the server Tivoli drive. As the OS are not same I wonder to know what kind of
>remote file system is being used?. Is NFS, is SMB?. Shall I install a
>particular network file system in order to have a Windows client connected to
>a Solaris server?. From where shall I get/set the password?.
>
>B. Regards and thanks in advance,
>Alejandro Gabay
>Technical Center Supervisor.

>        Visit our Internet site at http://www.reuters.com
>
>Get closer to the financial markets with Reuters Messaging - for more
>information and to register, visit http://www.reuters.com/messaging
>
>Any views expressed in this message are those of  the  individual
>sender,  except  where  the sender specifically states them to be
>the views of Reuters Ltd.

the views of Reuters Ltd.

the views of Reuters Ltd.