Re: [nv-l] Netview windows connected to a Solaris server

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview windows connected to a Solaris server
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:41:10 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 21 May 2004 18:51:05 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
http://yournetviewserver:8080/download

Paul

alejandro.gabay@reuters.com wrote:

Ray, thank you.
Do you know where shall I get the full Java version console?

B. Regards
Alejandro

ray.smith@clorox. com To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com Sent by: cc: owner-nv-l@lists. Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview windows connected to a Solaris us.ibm.com server Header: Internal Use 21/05/2004 12:57 Only Please respond to nv-l

Alejandro,

What I hear a lot of people doing in your type of environment, with NetView
running on a Solaris box and clients on windows, is to have the clients use the
full version Java web console rather than the light version which uses the web
browser.

We took this approach of providing the full Java client to our support staff
and it is working out quite nicely.

Ray Smith
IS Engineer
The Clorox Services Company
925-425-4363

                           !
 !
alejandro.gabay@reuters.com !
 !
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com !
 !
cc: !
 !
 !
05/21/2004 11:57 AM !
 !
Please respond to nv-l !
 !
!
 !

Paul,George:
Thank you for your response.
Is it possible to use a Windows based browser console against a Solaris server?
When I try to access the Netview server via web browser, I see the message "Netview
Applet not loaded" on the Internet Explorer browser.

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay

                    Paul
                    <pstroud@bellsout        To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                    h.net>                   cc:
                    Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [nv-l] Netview
windows connected to a Solaris
                    owner-nv-l@lists.         server
                    us.ibm.com
                                             Header:
           Internal Use
                                              Only
                    21/05/2004 09:37
                    Please respond to
                    nv-l

You cannot cross platforms on the Client software. You can go
UNIX-2-UNIX and Windows-2-Windows, but cannot mix and match
the two.

Paul

alejandro.gabay@reuters.com wrote:

Hi I am trying to setup a Netview client connected to a netview server running
Solaris 2.8.
When installing the client, setup prompts me for a server password to access
the server Tivoli drive. As the OS are not same I wonder to know what kind of
remote file system is being used?. Is NFS, is SMB?. Shall I install a
particular network file system in order to have a Windows client connected to a
Solaris server?. From where shall I get/set the password?.

B. Regards and thanks in advance,
Alejandro Gabay
Technical Center Supervisor.

the views of Reuters Ltd.