[nv-l] automatic deletion of unmanaged nodes?

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] automatic deletion of unmanaged nodes?
From: Nicolai Kildal <nki@dmdata.dk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:08:50 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:27:31 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi

A question regarding Netview 7.1.4 (fixpack 1) on Linux Red Hat Enterprise Server 2.1:

When one unmanages a node, does this node get automatically deleted by Netview after a certain amount of time?

If yes - then how long is the time interval before this happens, and how does one get netview to rediscover the node?
Pinging the node from the Netview server does not make it reappear.
By using ovobjprint, we can see, that the deleted node is registered with "REMOVED:" prepended to its name.

I have searched the Netview manuals & this forum for an answer, but have not been lucky.
I know there is a 7 day "Node Down Deletion Interval" setting on the SNMP Configuration page, but does this apply for unmanaged nodes too?

Regards

Nicolai Kildal
DMdata a/s