RE: [nv-l] SNMPv3 - was "Enhancement Requests"

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] SNMPv3 - was "Enhancement Requests"
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 09:41:18 +1000
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:01:16 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Scott,

You buy the SNMP Security Pack for NetView from SNMP Research.

No vendor today - aside possibly from Microsoft - would claim to have products to meet all of its customers' requirements. Hence the major vendors have Partner Developer Programs under which they encourage Independent Software Vendors - like SNMP Research and us - to develop and market complementary products to fill gaps.

As I said, I am only addressing  one point in your posting - support for SNMPv3.