RE: [nv-l] SNMPv3 - was "Enhancement Requests"

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] SNMPv3 - was "Enhancement Requests"
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:48:19 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:57:54 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Scott,

As an IBMer, let me just say that no matter how valid nor how emphatically you state your case here, there is no one in IBM who is allowed to answer your charges nor address your long-term concerns on a public forum.  That is company policy dating back decades.

Have you asked your IBM/Tivoli marketing rep to get you a nondisclosure agreement so that you can talk directly with NetView development and the executives who are their seniors?

Making your case here is not likely to move them.  There are people from other firms who do get IBM's attention, but it typically takes a personal connection.  I see notes from senior executives at least monthly asking what we can do for this customer or that one, with whom they have visited or spoken to.  If you want visibility, then I'm afraid that's what you will have to do.  You will need your own management's backing as well, since they will likely be asked to participate in the discussions.

I hope this helps in some small way towards getting your concerns addressed.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group