RE: [nv-l] SNMPv3 - was "Enhancement Requests"

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] SNMPv3 - was "Enhancement Requests"
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:00:29 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:54:58 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
James, once again for the record let me state how grateful I am that you and Leslie perform the services you do here. Sticking your neck out in the forum on a daily basis has got to have some um, negative consequences from time to time. I have never been unhappy about the response I have gotten from the forum or from support.

What IBM doesn't realize is that for smaller customers, like us, we are nearly disconnected from Tivoli representation. Being in Nebraska, I don't even have a Tivoli represenative in my state. I have rarely talked to my tivoli rep because it changes so frequently and the people are totally NetView illiterate. I can tell you that my tivoli rep is very good about selling me ITM licenses. That's about it. Part of the problem is that the marketing/sales reps don't have the broad experience to answer questions about the product family. There are so many tivoli products and many have gone through name changes and repackaging that make it nearly impossible to talk intelligently. (I am still not entirely sure what Tivoili business systems manager does for instance).

It is my hope that Mike Odom, or whoever has replaced him and Danielle Ottleyson (that can't be spelled right) or Maria Tyler (sorry if I have that name wrong too) and people who should have an ear listening for this stuff can take input from here as well as through my marketing rep.

Thanks again.