Re: [nv-l] Servmon question

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Servmon question
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:01:31 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:16:51 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Pritesh,
I believe much of the point of the new servmon daemon is to avoid having to run anything manually. If all you want to do is DISCOVER a service (a one-off operation), servmon will do that - you don't have to tell servmon to do subsequent status polls (set the last, status polling field to 0 in servmon.conf). If you want to limit discovery to a single node, you can do that by specifying a SmartSet that simply contains that node. So, with this scenario, your "1-liner" is to enter the appropriate line into servmon.conf and bounce the servmon daemon and the result should be the same - ie a SmartSet that contains those items on which the service has been discovered.

IF you want to then status poll the service on a periodic basis, you need to change the status poll interval from 0 - but it sounds like you don't need this?

Cheers,
Jane

Pritesh Jewan wrote:

Hi List,

With Netview 7.1.4 is it possible to run the discovery of a service on a single node from the command line? With Netview 7.1.3, if I wanted to test a service on a node I would just run nvsniffer –n nodeABC from the command line. Can this be done with servmon?

Thank you for any assistance.

Regards

Pritesh

Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565