Re: [nv-l] Format error in trapd.log

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Format error in trapd.log
From: "Gerardo Ruiz Garcia" <gerardo_ruiz@inicia.es>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:41:35 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:49:26 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
The question is that a get in trapd.log the following input:

1096378832 12 Tue Sep 28 15:40:32 2004 MDS-20                    X FMT ERROR:
accessing element #3, only 2 available.

I don't  know the enterprise, generic and specific in order to customize
the trap.
With this line I suppose that the source is X and it is not a legal source,
that is the reason of my question.
Any where I have catch the trap in the event browser and with
Option-->EventConfiguration
menu I have discover the enterprise generic and specific: the enterprose
is Cisco generic 0 specific 4, but is near impossible to discover the trap
only with the trapd.log infomation.
Thanks.

If