Re: [nv-l] Problem with dying event windows(TOYS)

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Problem with dying event windows(TOYS)
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:06:09 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:20:50 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Bartlomiej and all,

I'll tell you about a neat toy I found while poking around one
day. www.wiredx.net. Its basically a fully java based X-server
that runs from the browser. I have had several occasions where
this came in extremely handy. I haven't used it enough to tell
you if it's ready for prime-time, but it has never failed for me.
You have to register, blah blah, to use it, but I've found it worth
the price and then some;-)

If anyone had used this before I'd like to hear about your
experiences with it also if you decide to give it a try, let us
know how it goes.

Paul

Bartlomiej Grenda wrote:

This sounds like something X-related. I would be looking at the
logs on the machines themselves for information from Reflection-X.
Or see if there is any way to trace or debug Reflection-X. Have you
recently installed any updates to R-X or the NetView server? Do you
have the latest patches for R-X?

I recently reinstalled R-X on the first  PCs, but as I mentioned - things
are happening on both PC (and there was no reinstallation of R-X on second
PC). Anyway - only event windows are disappaering, maps are working just
fine... Anyway - you are right - I'll check R-X logs...

No, I don't have latest patches for WRQ. WRQ allows you to download patches
(for known issues) only if you have service contract. In my personal
opinion - this is ridiculous.

Regards

Bartlomiej Grenda