[nv-l] Netview Rule

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Netview Rule
From: wolfgang.bergbauer@attglobal.net
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:31:37 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 15:44:49 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi all,

Sorry that I bring up this endless story:

I want a simple correlation and have also seen examples for it:

1. Node_Down is delayed by a reset on match with Node_UP for 5 minutes
2. As the Node_Down is forwarded, it is also redirected to a Pass on Match
3. The Pass on Match maps takes also the Node Up event as input and should forward only for forwarded Node_Down events
In the Pass on Match I defined 72 hours as event retention.

So we do not want all the Node Up´s in TEC just the ones which triggered Node Downs.

The point is it does not work (Netview 7.1.4 FP01, AIX 5.2). I do not get any Node_Down event if I do it as outlined

The reset on match is defined:

Node_Down --> Input_1 --> Reset on match --> Forward
Node_Up   --> Input_2 --> Reset on match --> Input 2 --> Pass on match

Node_Up   --> Input_1 --> Pass on match --> Forward

Kind regards

Wolfgang

Wolfgang Bergbauer
Network and System Management Consultant
Cell phone: +49 172 534 9131
E-mail: wolfgang.bergbauer@attglobal.net