RE: [nv-l] The "\" symbol in traps fields

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] The "\" symbol in traps fields
From: "Quinn, Bob" <Bob_Quinn@sra.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:58:58 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 22:03:38 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Yes, it is a security feature that was added.  Not sure about Windows 2000 but
in AIX you have to set the
 "AdditionalLegalTrapCharacters" environment variable in the netnmrc.pre file
and export it.  Search the archives on that variable, you'll find several
references.

Bob