Re: [nv-l] ifOutUcastPkts files!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ifOutUcastPkts files!
From: justin_eagleson@bankone.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:49:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 17:52:02 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
A while back Jane Curry posted the following helpful observation about
Netview 7.1.4:

>Just a word of caution when you install / update NetView 7.1.4. There
have always been some Data Collec\tion samples shipped but they >have been
suspended. With 7.1.4, there's a whole bunch that are live and collecting
from install point. The release notes say that they are only >against the
Routers and the RMON SmartSets but my upgraded box is collecting
ifOutUcastPkts every hour from *.*.*.*

I have lots of these in /usr/OV/databases/snmpCollect:

-rw-rw-rw-   1 root     system   2322920 Nov 22 12:28 ifOutUcastPkts.182
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root     system        40 Mar 30 2004  ifOutUcastPkts.182!
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root     system   1897260 Nov 22 12:24 ifOutUcastPkts.183
-rw-rw-rw-   1 root     system        40 Mar 30 2004  ifOutUcastPkts.183!

The problem is, as Jane already pointed out, precious filesystem space...

How can I turn these off? The *only* thing I use Netview 7.1.4 for right
now is mapping traps to EIF events and sending them to TEC; not doing any
DWH, discovery, polling, etc...

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Justin Eagleson
Enterprise Systems Management, JPMorganChase
office: 614-213-9017
pager: 877-864-2056
cell: 614-226-1148

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,