Re: [nv-l] Monitoring Access Points

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Monitoring Access Points
From: ray.smith@clorox.com
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:54:29 -0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:55:27 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I have spoken to both Cisco and Tivoli and opened tickets with both on this same subject in the past year.

What we found out with some pain points.

We implemented a sort of mid level solution.  WLSE is a Cisco Appliance for Wireless LAN Solution Engine providing the some of the following features;
ap availability
radio thresholds
eap
wep
leap
and other security features all the way to the client.  Also bridges, rogue ap ( just in case some yahoo plugs in a fry's linksys on the corp network ) and some other cool configuration features.

This was by no means easy for me as a newbe NetView/Tivoli Administrator.  But with 3rd level support from Netview they were able to help me see this to light and we now have the wlse talking all the way to TEC and the 7x24 staff.

If you would like more information on this, and how we use I would be glad to share.

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;
the point is to discover them. "  ( Galileo, Galilei )

Ray Smith
Enterprise Systems Management
The Clorox Services Company

"Catalina Martinez" <Catalina.Martinez@tlc.state.tx.us>