Re: [nv-l] Workspace Titles disappearing

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Workspace Titles disappearing
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 07:23:42 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 14:24:12 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Sounds like an X11 problem to me, which means it is possible that nothing will fix it except for maintenance by Sun.

You can browse the Workspaces file, $HOME/NvEnvironment/Workspaces and see whether we have saved a Title for the workspace or not. There should also be an IconLabel setting with the same string. Don't be confused by the line which says
Label ""
since all workspaces are initialized with an empty label to start with. If you see the correct Title and IconLabel strings saved there, then we told X use them, and they should remain set until explicitly unset, which we do not do after the workspace is initialized. So if these disappear after the workspace is initialized, (when you iconize and then refocus), it's not our fault.

Offhand, I cannot think of anything you could do about this yourself on Solaris, except perhaps to talk to Sun about whether they have any maintenance in this area to suggest that you apply. A call to IBM Support is in order if you want to pursue this from the NetView side, but I doubt it will be a quick fix unless we are not saving the workspace correctly (the Title and IconLabel missing). They will also want to know your Solaris level and what maintenance (patches) you have applied.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
Inactive hide details for Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>

          Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
          Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

          12/08/2004 02:36 PM
          Please respond to

netview Tivoli <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>

cc

Subject

[nv-l] Workspace Titles disappearing

NV 7.1.3 FP3, SOLARIS

Hi Folks,
I have created several Workspaces for a filtered event
view.
But unfortunately, The tiles of some Workspaces
disappear, either at startup, or when minimizing the
Workspace windows.
I have ran the command: /usr/openwin/bin/xrdb -merge
/usr/OV/app-defaults/Nvevents , NO change.

Any Ideas,

=====
Thank You,
Meyos