Re: [nv-l] NIMCM (Netview Integration Module for Config Manager) -

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NIMCM (Netview Integration Module for Config Manager) - was TIPN -
From: "Jane Curry" <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:02:09 -0000 (GMT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 12:02:44 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I have demo'ed this to people and taught classes on it but I've not
actually met anyone using it for real.

I think part of the problem is most folk don't know about it. Another part
is that the NetView team and the Tivoli team are often different groups
and getting integration between NetView and other bits of Tivoli is more
of an organisational problem rather than a technical one.

On the positive side here, I am suddenly seeing lots more interest in
getting integration between NetView and TEC - perhaps they will get around
to NetView and Inventory next year?

Anyone else???

Cheers,
Jane
> Are people using this facility to export network inventory information? Or
> have you implemented other custom functions for exporting it? Or are you
> using some other products entirely for inventorying devices on the
> network?
>
> Cordially,
>
> Leslie A. Clark
> IBM Global Services - Systems Mgmt & Networking
> Detroit

Tel: +44 (0) 1628 782565
Coptright (c) 2004 Jane Curry jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk . All rights
reserved.