Re: [nv-l] Netview Books

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview Books
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 08:46:42 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 13:47:16 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

The best place to start is with the books that come with the product itself. They are free. Did you install them?
The install is automatic on Windows but on UNIX it is separate from the product itself.
If you need help doing that, then ask again; but tell us what platform and what version of NetView you have and whether you installed via the Tivoli Framework or not.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group
Inactive hide details for Netview Novice <netview_novice@yahoo.com>Netview Novice <netview_novice@yahoo.com>

          Netview Novice <netview_novice@yahoo.com>
          Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

          12/10/2004 12:26 AM
          Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

cc

Subject

[nv-l] Netview Books

Hi there,

I have been a part of this group for sometime, though a beginer in this field and not much experience with NV still I have been able to gain some knowledge through you all. Now I have reached a point that I need to learn more and need to know right from the basics. From what I understand is there are two ways either a training or reading books and talking to experts and experienced people. I prefer to take the second options as the interest is purely academic. Can some one help me here? What books do I need to buy in order to start understanding NV better?

Would appreciate if the group can help me here..

Thanks a ton

Regards
SN