RE: [nv-l] snmpCollect

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] snmpCollect
From: Joe Fernandez <jfernand@kardinia.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:56:25 +1100
Delivery-date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:05:14 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
At 08:11 AM 31-01-05 +0000, you wrote:
Thanks Joe,

There are no files in the ../snmpCollect directory (files with 0 length).

My NumberConcurrentSnmp is 100 and I made change on number of objects in the
database (from 10000 ro 20000) only.

Regards,
David

David,

I believe the default value of NumberConcurrentSnmp is 5, so 100 sounds ambitious to me.

Did you increment it in steps and monitor the effect?

I would turn it back down, see if data is being collected, then increment it in steps and check.

Try the -S switch also and look at the configuration information that it writes to the trace file. This should tell you more about what is happening.

Joe Fernandez
Kardinia Software
jfernand@kardinia.com
www.kardinia.com