Re: [nv-l] Netview Server Upgrade

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview Server Upgrade
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:49:56 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:58:12 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
It would be easier to use "nvUtil e 'isManager=TRUE'".
You can use this at anytime to check what would be
a member of a smart set. You can even use && and ||
and get funky with it:

nvUtil e '"SNMP sysDescr"~Linux && isNode=TRUE'

This would give you all nodes that have a system description
that includes Linux.

Fun for the day, try it yourself, amaze your friends!

Paul

Colin Mulkerrins wrote:

Dave,

Do you have a smartset to locate the NetView server (I think it is
'isManager=TRUE')?  If not, build one and see what shows up, if
anything, this should locate your NetView Server if it is in the map at
all.

I remember something similar happening to me before, I deleted the
NetView server from the database by mistake and it would not discover it
until I ran a complete rediscovery and that got it back into the
managerSubmap.

Regards

Colin Mulkerrins
Enterprise Systems Management