Re: [nv-l] Netview Server Upgrade

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Netview Server Upgrade
From: reamd@Nationwide.com
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:14:35 -0500
Cc: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com, owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:24:16 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Thanks Oliver.
                          I did a locate, objects, By Selection Name on the
hostname of the netview server and the IP and it finds nothing to delete.
thanks

                   Oliver
                   Bruchhaeuser
                   <oliver.bruc                                       From
                   hhaeuser@de.          Oliver Bruchhaeuser
                   ibm.com>             <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
                   Sent by:             nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                   owner-nv-l@l                                         cc
                   ists.us.ibm.
                   com                                             Subject
                                        Re: [nv-l] Netview Server Upgrade

                   02/17/2005
                   02:59 AM
                   Please
                   respond to
                   nv-l@lists.u
                   s.ibm.com

you can delete the node from the "IP Map".

 reamd@Nationwide.com
 Sent by:
 owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com                                            To
                                        nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                                                        cc
 16.02.2005 20:35                       nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com,
                                        owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
       Please respond to                Re: [nv-l] Netview Server Upgrade
             nv-l

Thanks Leslie, but the thing is, there is no node to delete. The
ManagerSubmap icon on the ROOT map is blue. I drill down on it and it is
empty.

                  Leslie Clark
                  <lclark@us.i
                  bm.com>                                            From
                                        Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
                  Sent by:                                             To
                  owner-nv-l@l         nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                  ists.us.ibm.                                         cc
                  com
                                                                  Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] Netview Server Upgrade

                  02/16/2005
                  02:26 PM
                  Please
                  respond to
                  nv-l@lists.u
                  s.ibm.com

I'd just delete and rediscover the node from the map. It will probably come
back ok.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

reamd@Nationwide.com
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
                                                 nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
02/16/2005 02:08 PM                                                    cc

                                                                  Subject
          Please respond to                      [nv-l] Netview Server
                nv-l                             Upgrade

Hi All,
       Im upgraded a netview server from 4.3.3 AIX  Netview 6.0.3   to
5.2.0.0-02 AIX  Netview 7.1.4 FixPack2.  I changed the hostname and IP
address of this server and I think I missed something. For some reason this
server does not show up on the map 'ManagerSubmap'      I can do a nslookup
on the IP and the Hostname and it resolves. I can ping and snmpwalk the
server.  The server is also in the host and seed file. Where can I find
instruction for changing the IP address and Hostname? I have done a
reset_ci also...

Thanks,
Dave