[nv-l] Interface down not receiving!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Interface down not receiving!
From: Larry Fagan <larrytechie@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 05:43:06 -0800 (PST)
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 13:43:51 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Guys,
Being a newbie i have a problem as usual. We have NV
7.1.3 FP 3 on AIX. The issue is, i'm not getting a
interface down trap from one of the core switch when
it is down but i'm getting interface down when another
switch from same subnet is swithed off from same site.
All i get is some cold start trap and chassis alarms.
The switch is in the map and SNMP connectivity is
fine. But we use pings for this device.
Any ideas why netview is not receiving interface down
from this device only? Also is switch supposed to send
down traps or should netview ping and generate a trap
down event.
Many thanks,
Larry

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!