Re: [nv-l] Interface down not receiving!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Interface down not receiving!
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:38:19 +0000
Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:39:07 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I suppose this switch really is down? There's no redundant routing around such that NetView can actually ping this switch?? The other thing to check is how frequently NetView is status polling this switch - use Options -> SNMP Configuration. You can also check poll times using netmon -a 12 to dump the ping list to /usr/OV/log/netmon.trace and netmon -a 16 to dump the SNMP poll list.
Cheers,
Jane

Larry Fagan wrote:

Yes.. Jason..
The switch is configured and that's the reason we are
getting cold start traps and chassis alarms ..
I'll check if i can put a sniffer on wire.. Should
switch send down traps or should netview generate if
it cannot ping the switch.
Thanks,
Larry
--- "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
wrote:
Is the switch configured to send traps to the IP
address of the NV
management station?  Can you put a sniffer on the
wire to verify it is
being sent?

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer