Re: [nv-l] NVTECIA -STOP

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NVTECIA -STOP
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 20:08:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 01:11:15 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Basically, my advice is to stay away from the nvtecia command until you
have FP03, where all the code involved in the rewrite of it is finally
shipped as one.  FP03 is due out April .

If you must have it now,  then you will  need to obtain the fix for
IY65255, else you will not be able to restart the adapter with nvtecia
-reload.

But  I haven't heard of nvserverd failing because of nvtecia -stop before.

When you say the event window stops processing, how did you determine that?
Did you get a pop-up saying that nvserverd was down?  How about a core of
nvserverd (check  errpt -- "errpt -a | more")?

I also don't understand why you should have to stop all the daemons.  A
simple ovstart nvserverd should do the trick.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group