Re: [nv-l] NV Solaris script

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] NV Solaris script
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:47:54 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:48:28 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I am not quite certain how to do this, but there might be a way using
ovmapdump.

An object you create and manage this way, does not have IP Status, so there
is nothing to record in the object database for that field.
Similarly, it is not polled by netmon, so it does not have information
about status in the topology database either.
It's only status is that reflected on the map.   That's what the status
trap changes -- it opens the read-write map and changes status of the
object on the map.
ovmapdump gives a list of all objects on the map and the status it knows
for each, but after you get a the listing
      ovmapdump > ovmapdump.out
you'd have to find it by object id.  Even then it might be difficult.

Good luck

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             alejandro.gabay@r
             euters.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.         nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             us.ibm.com                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             03/15/2005 07:51          [nv-l] NV Solaris script
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hi all:
Is there anyway to create a Solaris scripts to retrieve one manually added
object status?.
The object was manually added and is managed by the Netview trap "SNMP
status change event,  ID # 58916871".

The platform is NV7.1.4 FP2, Solaris 8.

Looking on different nv binaries I have found the following.
ovobjprint -s gives me all the object fields but no status.
ovotopodump does not give me information of the manually added object at
all.
gtmdump does not give any information of the required object also.

B. Regards
Alejandro Gabay
Operations Supervisor Argentina, Uruguay & Paraguay
Reuters Ltd

To find out more about Reuters Products and Services visit
http://www.reuters.com/productinfo

the views of Reuters Ltd.