RE: [nv-l] New nodes events appear but not on topology map

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] New nodes events appear but not on topology map
From: agsalinas@aztecaservicios.com
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:02:00 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:02:05 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi John, thanks for the help.
The nodes are really on the seed file. I dont know what you mean with
being in the xnmsnmp?? You  mean in the SNMP configuration with polling
time and timeout configuration for those nodes???

I did the restarting of netmon but nothing happened so i deletede from
database and Seems like it didnt rediscovered it. when i do the ovtopofix
It does some changes but then it appears this message:

Lost contact with ovtopmd! Exiting.

So i have to restart ovtopmd and do the ovtopofix -A again. (I only have
one map). But then almost at the same point it does the same, but it seems
like its advancing one by one. This is: fixes one and then exits, have to
restart ovtopmd, do again ovtopofix and fixes the next one before it
crashed the last time and so on.

what could be wrong?

"John Sobrinho" <john_sobrinho@sympatico.ca>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
03/18/2005 07:47 PM
Please respond to
nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc

Subject
RE: [nv-l] New nodes events appear but not on topology map

verify the devices are defined in the seed file and the xnmxsnmp panel.
Set
the discovery settings to discover new nodes and recyle netmon service.
They
should reappear after forcing netmon to do a rediscovery. If that fails,
delete and reconsice teh deatbases and recycle netmon to force
rediscovery.