[nv-l] NetView consolidation [FinanzIT: Viruscheck]

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] NetView consolidation [FinanzIT: Viruscheck]
From: Swen.Jedlicka@finanzit.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:37:53 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:39:11 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hello,

Our Environment :
Currently we have installed two NetView-Machines (NV 7.1.4  on Solaris 8).
Each NetView is managing about 30.000 interfaces and has 60.000 objects in
object database.
About 10 operators are connected to each NetView at the same time.

We plan to consolidate these NetViews and manage our entire network with
one NetView-Machine.
I know the sizing rules which depends from the count of X-operators and
managed interfaces.

My questions:
Are there are installations in production environments with 60.000 or more
managed interfaces and more than 120.000 objects in object database ?
Does anyone have experiences with such a large system ?
What kind of hardware is used (number and types of processors, memory,
disk, FastEthernet or Gigabit-Ethernet, ...) ?

Thanks in advance

-Swen

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Kind regards