[nv-l] NV 7.1.4.2 quicktest -F not sending "N Node UP" event

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] NV 7.1.4.2 quicktest -F not sending "N Node UP" event
From: don.turrentine@amsouth.com
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:53:53 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 20:53:50 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
quickest -F is not sending a status event for a node under NV 7.1.4 Fixpack
02 on AIX.  I call a script (and use an inline action) in several rulesets
that performs a quicktest -F nodename.  In 7.1.1 I would get an event like
"N Node Up" when the node was really up instead of down.  In 7.1.4 I get
status events for each of the interfaces but do not receive anything for
the the node even though it is up.  I believe this is causing my rulesets
that include a "Reset on Match" to fail.

Anyone have a suggestion as to where to look?  The availability files are
being written.

---
Don Turrentine
BH-0302