Re: [nv-l] netview license limiation

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netview license limiation
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 10:10:15 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 May 2005 15:10:57 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

To my knowledge there has not been a node-limited license since the demise
of Version 6.0.
Once NetView became part of the Tivoli Event Console, the only kind of
NetView you could buy was an Enterprise level version, since TEC is sold at
that level.   But only the marketing people would know for certain, so you
should ask the IBM marketing rep who sold you the product if you really
want to know.  What is certain is that  if you have current code, you won't
run into any size limitations.

BTW, ovlicense is a do-nothing script.  It just exits.  You can examine it
yourself.  My guess is that it used to call nvlicense, which is what used
to do the license level check when there was one, in case there were other
executables still expecting to call ovlicense rather than nvlicense.   As
far as I can tell, both of these executables still ship with the product in
case marketing decides to put back some kind of internal license
restriction, but currently they do nothing at all.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "Wallace CY LEE"
             <wallacelee@immd.
             gov.hk>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] netview license
             05/05/2005 09:16          limiation
             PM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

I found there is a command "ovlicense" under the /usr/OV/bin, however,
nothing output when I enter this command.
my Netview is running on AIX

                      "Wallace CY LEE"

                      <wallacelee@immd.go      To:
"'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>

                      v.hk>                    cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [nv-l] netview
license limiation
                      owner-nv-l@lists.us       |------------|

                      .ibm.com                  | [ ] Urgent |

                                                                     | [ ]
Return Receipt |
                      06.05.2005 09:09
                      Please respond to

                      nv-l

How can I check if there is any node license limiation in my Netview ?