[nv-l] SQL Query of SNMP Collected Data (ifInOctets/ifOutOctets) from a

To: netview Tivoli <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] SQL Query of SNMP Collected Data (ifInOctets/ifOutOctets) from a Database for a specific ifIndex
From: Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:42:34 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 May 2005 21:43:12 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Folks,
NV 7.1.3 FP3 SOLARIS

I have setup SNMP Data collections
(ifInOctets/ifOutOctets) for some switches in order to
determine inactive ports during a specific period.
The Data collected are stored in the Database (colData
Table) by running the /usr/OV/bin/nvColToSQL command.

Looking at colData table schema in the RDBMS, there is
a column called instance; ans when performing an SQL
(Select * from colData) query, I get the column
"instance" with values over 300 (I do not have a Node
with more than 300 interface, therefore that should
not be the ifIndex value ...)

When I run the Command /usr/OV/bin/nvHostSumCol -O
/snmpColData.log, I get another column called instance
wich is more representative of the ifIndex value for
each Interface for a given Node.

Q1: How do I get the IfIndex Values for snmpCollect
data stored in a RDBMS using an SQL Select statement
for a specific Node?

Q2: Anybody knows what is the SQL query performed by
the binary /usr/OV/bin/nvHostSumCol?

Q3: Any Other Suggestion?

Thank You,
Meyos