[nv-l] Specifying the source attribute on custom Netview events, and snm

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Specifying the source attribute on custom Netview events, and snmptrap
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:27:52 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:28:21 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Am I imagining this? I was sure that I have, in the past, generated custom traps with snmptrap, defined them in trapd.conf, and assigned them source characters (like "A" or "N") and had it work.  It appears to work when you look at the trap log, but when I look at the nvcorrd trace, I see it is "d" no matter what I put in trapd.conf. So if the event comes from inside the box, perhaps the source character does not get applied until after nvcorrd has it's crack at it?
I don't see any option on the snmptrap command to affect this value. But the event command does have an option. I wonder what it is doing?

Detroit