Re: [nv-l] No events in display window!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] No events in display window!
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 09:53:56 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 May 2005 14:54:31 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Sounds like a resource issue.  The event window in the control desk is
started while the map is synchronizing.  But both the map and the event
windows are heavy users of X11, so often the event window does not get the
X11 resources it needs to complete until X11 is finished with the  map.
This is especially true of systems just being started for the first time,
or one where the GUI has been down for some time while a lot of new
discovery has taken place.  The only cure is a bigger, faster box or one
with multiple processors.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             Larry Fagan
             <larrytechie@yaho
             o.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [nv-l] No events in display
             05/12/2005 09:36          window!
             AM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

James,
something unbelievable happened.. i have absolutely no
idea... all events are up in event display window.. i
have no clue.. except that i logged in as user other
than root and logged into netview.. i have been
struggling with this since yesterday.. anyway ... all
is fine and many thanks..
Larry