[nv-l] Not receiving traps from OEM

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Not receiving traps from OEM
From: SIXFC@pjm.com
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 22:39:11 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 May 2005 03:39:41 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hello All,
        Our DBAs are trying to send traps from the OEM product to NetView. I've loaded the MIBs with the Web Console MIB Loader, run mib2trap and executed the script. All appeared to work well. I've also verified our community name in the product configuration and snmpd.conf.

        Needless to say, no traps are arriving. Using the Web Console MIB Browser, I can query the base MIB. However, the enterprise.oracle section returns "Not Supported". I'd like to dig a little deeper into the "Not Supported" response and also see if the traps are actually being sent. I don't see anything in trapd.log to indicate that they are. Have I forgotten something? Can someone suggest the next step in sorting this out?

Thanks.
Chris Six
PJM Interconnection, llc
sixfc@pjm.com