[nv-l] MIB Object Selection and MIB loading

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] MIB Object Selection and MIB loading
From: justin_eagleson@bankone.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:03:09 -0400
Cc: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com, owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 May 2005 17:03:53 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi All,

When I load a MIB, host-resources-mib.mib, into Netview using xnmloadmib2,
I get this warning message in STDOUT:

root@esmdnv1.tivoli.bankone.net</> /usr/OV/bin/xnmloadmib2
Warning: The mib description doesn't seem to be consistent.
 Some nodes couldn't be linked under the "iso" tree.
 These nodes are left:
<long list of nodes "left out" in MIB>

I can ignore those warnings, but when I browse the MIB tree in the GUI and
try to add a MIB value to collect (xnmcollect -> Add -> MIB Object
Selection), alot of the MIB values from above-mentioned MIB (e.g.
hrDeviceDescr) have the "OK" button "greyed-out"; not allowing me to
select them for collection. I don't know whether this is related to the
warnings from the MIB load above or not.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Justin Eagleson
Systems and Service Management Tools
office: 614-213-9017
pager: 877-864-2056
cell: 614-226-1148

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,