[nv-l] Netmon events (Node Up/down) not being displayed in the Main Even

To: netview Tivoli <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Netmon events (Node Up/down) not being displayed in the Main Event Browser
From: Meyos Yemveng <yemveng@yahoo.ca>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:10:03 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 21:10:35 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Hi Folks,
NV 7.1.3 FP 3, SOLARIS 8.

Hi folks,
I am suddenly seeing NO Netmon (N) related events (Node Up/Down) on the Main Event Display Window for more than 3 hours even if my polling interval is set to 15 minutes;
The Funny part is:
Funny1 - only SNMP Traps from Network Nodes are shown on the main event window
Funny2:  If I run the following test command from the command line,
 /usr/OV/bin/event -d "Test Node Up" -e NUP_EV -s N -h node1, I'll see the "Node Up" event on the main window !!!!
Funny3: If I stop and restart the Server, everything is back OK; at least for a while

Q1: any idea on what is going on?
Q2: How cant I fix that Situation without having to stop and restart the NV Server?

Thank You,
Meyos
"ALLEZ LES LIONS INDOMPTABLES"