RE: [nv-l] Object Status Stays Marginal After Acknowledging

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Object Status Stays Marginal After Acknowledging
From: "Davis, Donald" <donald.davis@firstcitizens.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:53:53 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 15:54:55 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

My experience is:

Do not acknowledge a Node

Do not acknowledge a Location

Do not acknowledge a Network

Do not acknowledge a Segment

Do not acknowledge a SmartSet

In other words, DO NOT acknowledge anything except an Interface.

The behavior you are seeing is caused because you are acknowledging the Node, but the failing interface still remains Critical and is propagating as designed.

Don Davis