Re: [nv-l] ? about yellow map status near root - but zero "failing resou

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] ? about yellow map status near root - but zero "failing resources" found in submaps
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 13:04:25 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 18:04:54 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Glen,
Cutting and pasting can be hazardous. Have you considered using the location.conf to
properly place the devices?

Paul

Glen Warn wrote:

Hi,
Running Netview 7.1.4 FP3 on Redhat Linux AS 2.1 My root map has been carved up into 5 objects that represent 5 different companies. Each of those companies networks and devices have been cut from the root map and pasted into the company specific submaps. Everything works perfectly - except on thing. 4 of the 5 submaps (representing each company) show status of yellow. Drilling into the submaps - everything is either green or unmanaged (including hidden objects). I've tried using the TOOLS-> FAILING RESOURCE DISPLAY utility to ID my problem, but it returns "no specified resources found". Even odder, a month or so ago, Company X was green and everyone else yellow. Now, company X is yellow and company Z is green! I've run the various DB utilities too (resolve DB inconsistencies, compress IP and objects topology)
I also only have only a single map.
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
glen.warn@pemcocorp.com <mailto:glen.warn@pemcocorp.com>
206-628-5770