RE: [nv-l] ? about yellow map status near root - but zero "failing resou

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] ? about yellow map status near root - but zero "failing resources" found in submaps
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn@pemcocorp.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:12:45 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 20:13:19 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I was unfamiliar with the location.conf but will check it out.

The items (virtually all) have been cut from the root map and pasted
into one of the 5 submaps.  All except one (which I know why) is NOT
shadowed.  The items have the same properties they did before the cut
(isIP, isRouter, isSNMPSupported, etc).  They are under the IP Internet
map (see sample below)

                                                                ROOT

                           IP INTERNET
SMARTSETS

COMPANY1        COMPANY2        COMPANY3        COMPANY4
COMPANY5
IP DEVICES  IP DEVICES  IP DEVICES  IP DEVICES   IP DEVICES

Symbol status is normal and compound/propogated.

Since I've already cut and pasted everything (about 2000 devices) can I
use the location.conf or do I need to do a full rediscover / rebuild?

Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
glen.warn@pemcocorp.com
206-628-5770