Re: [nv-l] Re: Réf. : Re: [nv-l] how to create reports

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Re: Réf. : Re: [nv-l] how to create reports
From: Francois Le Hir <flehir@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:35:58 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 21:35:45 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
What does it do exactly when NMAVAILABILITY is set to true ? where can I
find the availability files ?
I tried in the past enabling this flag and did not find any availability
file.

Presently in netmon.conf I have:

# Set to TRUE to enable writing the availability file
#NMAVAILABILITY=FALSE

# Set to TRUE to export availability information to the tdwdaemon and to
TDW
TDWAVAILABILITY=TRUE

I recently enabled tdwdaemon and I am not sure it changed anything.
Thanks,

Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services
Phone: (514) 964 2145

             Jane Curry
             <jane.curry@skill
             s-1st.co.uk>                                               To
             Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
             owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
             us.ibm.com
                                                                   Subject
                                       [nv-l] Re: Réf. : Re: [nv-l] how to
             06/23/2005 02:57          create reports
             PM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

I don't think NMAVAILABILITY is described much anywhere.  I think it
first came in for Tivoli Decision Support and is now used by the Tivoli
Data Warehouse stuff but it works fine on it's own with NV 7.1.4.  Not
sure whether it was supported with v.1.3 though....

Cheers,
Jane

thierry.van-mol@ciev.vd.ch wrote:

>Where is the variable NMAVAILABILITY described?
>I have 7.1.3, and didn't found this variable described in
>the documentation. I looked in the Release Notes of 7.1.4, but
>didn't find anything.
>

>Thierry
>

>On 21.06.2005 13:12:58 Jane Curry wrote:
>

>>Have a look on the Tivoli User Group website.  A script has been
>>contributed that does this for you.
>>http://www.nv-l.org/twiki/bin/view/Netview/NvAvail
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Jane
>>
>>praveen wrote:
>>

>>>Hi all,
>>>

>>>I am running netview server 7.1.4 on windows ,I need to generate
>>>reports on the availability of my device on a weekly basis ,could
>>>anyone help me ,any third party utility?
>>>

>>>Thanks in advance
>>>

>>><http://www.ustri.com/>
>>>

>>>**Praveen Kumar**
>>>
>>>praveenkumar.nair@ustri.com <mailto:praveenkumar.nair@ustri.com>