Re: [nv-l] Re: Réf. : Re: [nv-l] how to create reports

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Re: Réf. : Re: [nv-l] how to create reports
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:13:53 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:14:37 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I have:
NMAVAILABILITY=1
export NMAVAILABILITY

in /usr/OV/bin/netnmrc.pre . This file may not exist unless you create it. It is called by the netnmrc startup script and is specifically for setting environment variables you want passed to the NetView server processes. You will need to recycle the NetView daemons before this takes effect. (I used to have it in /usr/OV/bin/NVenvironment but was advised that adding to this file is not supported (seemed to work though) ).

After that, you should get a daily file in /usr/OV/databases. Simply test by generating a Node Down event and the file should get created. Not sure exactly where this functionality came in. NetView 7.1.4 FP2 and above you are definitely OK - not sure about 7.1.3.

Cheers,
Jane

Francois Le Hir wrote:

What does it do exactly when NMAVAILABILITY is set to true ? where can I
find the availability files ?
I tried in the past enabling this flag and did not find any availability
file.

Presently in netmon.conf I have:

# Set to TRUE to enable writing the availability file
#NMAVAILABILITY=FALSE

# Set to TRUE to export availability information to the tdwdaemon and to
TDW
TDWAVAILABILITY=TRUE

I recently enabled tdwdaemon and I am not sure it changed anything.
Thanks,

Salutations, / Regards,

Francois Le Hir
Network Projects & Consulting Services
IBM Global Services
Phone: (514) 964 2145

Jane Curry <jane.curry@skill s-1st.co.uk> To Sent by: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com owner-nv-l@lists. cc us.ibm.com Subject [nv-l] Re: Réf. : Re: [nv-l] how to 06/23/2005 02:57 create reports PM Please respond to nv-l

I don't think NMAVAILABILITY is described much anywhere.  I think it
first came in for Tivoli Decision Support and is now used by the Tivoli
Data Warehouse stuff but it works fine on it's own with NV 7.1.4.  Not
sure whether it was supported with v.1.3 though....

Cheers,
Jane

thierry.van-mol@ciev.vd.ch wrote:

Where is the variable NMAVAILABILITY described?
I have 7.1.3, and didn't found this variable described in
the documentation. I looked in the Release Notes of 7.1.4, but
didn't find anything.

Thierry