Re: [nv-l] display on console

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] display on console
From: Gildas.Plouzennec@alcatel.fr
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:33:06 +0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:33:53 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Yes it's native client, it's the default map, the same the server has, and I tried times to close/re-open the client (restart of the PC).
Nothing appends.
To precise my case :
in the submap of a PC that hosts a proprietary software (checked thanks a SNMP request) , i create a new object (as a software service) and i add to the PC object a new field. On the server GUI i see the added object (icons + submap) and the added field, and on the client GUI, i see the added field and all services hosted on the PC (LDAP server, Mail server, Web server) but not my added object.

thanks for your help,

Gildas PLOUZENNEC

ALCATEL e-SD Professional Services

James Shanks wrote:

It's a native client, not a web client, right?  If you close the client map
and re-open it, don't you see everything then?  If not, does the client
have it's own map rather than sharing the one the server has?

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

Gildas.Plouzennec @alcatel.fr Sent by: To owner-nv-l@lists. nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com us.ibm.com cc Subject 06/24/2005 06:39 [nv-l] display on consol AM Please respond to nv-l

Hello all,

I have a not expected  behaviour of my netview client, and I don't know
if this is a normal :
on my server, i installed an application that creates specific objects
(non SNMP devices) with icones, object, submap.
these objects are well displayed on the server consol, but not on the
client consol.
Somebody have an idea on my issue ?

thanks for your help.

Gildas

PS : tivoli netview 7.1.3, server Win2000 and client WinXP