[nv-l] Managing Layer-3 Switches with Switch Analyzer

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Managing Layer-3 Switches with Switch Analyzer
From: usman.taokeer@s-iii.com
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 17:20:34 +0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:19:11 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Hi,

We are using NetView 7.1.4 FP3 on windows with Switch analyzer. We have three Enterasys Layer-3 switches. Two of them are running in router mode and one is working on Layer2 only but has Layer-3 IOS installed. In the initial discovery of the network the devices were not discovered properly (they were in BadOID smartset) i manually edited the oid_to_type and oid_to_sym files to fix the problem.

Now the problem is the Layer-2 Status of these devices is set to "unset" when i run ovtopodump-X command, and  in the IP MAP the Layer-2 status is "Unset or unknown" (Blued). What should i do to make them managable with Switch Analyzer? When i forcefully set the object type to switch (BH). Then the whole topology is disturbed. Any suggestions on how to FIX this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Usman Taokeer
Si3.