[nv-l] Netview Migration Plan!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: [nv-l] Netview Migration Plan!
From: Larry Fagan <larrytechie@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 08:15:29 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 16:17:04 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Can anyone help me out here please.. I appreciate your
ideas on this...
I have been given an assignment. We have two netview
servers. One netview is 6.0 and monitors only Intel,
UNIX and others server. We use seed file to discover
objects and have auto discovery turned off.
We have another Netview 7.1.3 and this is used for
Network Infrastructure monitoring like routers,
switches etc.. We use seed file for exclusion here..
We have auto discovery turned on..
Now my project is to migrate all the server monitoring
from Netview 6.0 to Netview 7.1.3 and later retire 6.0
server..
My question is, what is the best approach for doing
this.?
Since auto -discovery is turned on in 7.1.3, All the
servers should already be discovered. How can i ensure
that all servers existing in 6.0 will also be
discovered in 7.1.3?
Also how should i have to update the xnmsnmpconf with
servernames & community strings in 7.1.3?
Any other obstacles will i have to consider doing
this?
Many Thanks as usual...
Larry