RE: [nv-l] ? about yellow map status near root - but zero "failing re

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] ? about yellow map status near root - but zero "failing resources" found in submaps
From: "Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn@pemcocorp.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:29:52 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:29:58 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Thanks everyone for your input.  I got lucky and found my problem (or identified my lack of understanding)  I have a few subnets I have not "plumbed" snmp and icmp access to yet (variety of firewalls to navigate).  As a result, those subnets were white (unreachable) which I thought was similar to unmanaged but I was wrong.  By changing them to unmanaged (until I update the firewall rules) I was able to regain green status all the way to the root map (hooray!!)

Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
206-628-5770