Re: [nv-l] Cannot load a mib

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Cannot load a mib
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:12:36 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 15:13:17 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Ernie,
At that version there may not be anything that can be done. That may or may
not have been a known error(fixed in 6.0.3) or an efix, but in any case,
no new fixes or versions are available for 6.0.x NetView. If you upgrade to a supported version(7.1.x) you should be able to load the mib...James and I have
both loaded it succesfully on 7.1.x versions of NetView both the v1 and v2
versions. I wish I had a better answer for you, but your version is almost 4
years old...

Paul

Ernie Dusett wrote:

James is correct, I downloaded the SNMPv1 version of the mib from Cisco.
My NetView is backleveled, version 6.02, AIX 4.3.3.

Ernie Dusett
IBM Global Services - Network Management Services
Phone: (585)723-4311 Tie: 451 Fax: (585)720-7654
Pager: http://www.arch.com/cgi-bin/wwwpreproc.exe?PIN=5852381622
Internet: edusett@us.ibm.com

James Shanks/Raleigh/IB M@IBMUS To Sent by: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com owner-nv-l@lists. cc us.ibm.com Subject Re: [nv-l] Cannot load a mib 06/29/2005 09:08 AM Please respond to nv-l

Paul,
The original version is SNMPv2, but Cisco has an SNMPv1 version of that MIB
out on ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v1/.  I think that's what Ernie has.
The one I downloaded will load just fine with xnmloadmib on my box, AIX
4.3.3. with NetView Version 7.1.4 FP03.   And trying to load an SNMPv2 MIB
with the V1-only loader, should just result in an error message, not a seg
fault.  There's code in there that should catch it.

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

            Paul
            <pstroud@bellsout
            h.net>                                                     To
            Sent by:                  nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
            owner-nv-l@lists.                                          cc
            us.ibm.com
                                                                  Subject
                                      Re: [nv-l] Cannot load a mib
            06/29/2005 09:01
            AM

            Please respond to
                  nv-l

Ernie,
I have looked at the mib, and it is a v2 mib which means it will not load
at all into the xnmloadmib GUI. I don't know what version of NetView
you are on, or what platform, but you can try using xnmloadmib2(which
has been deprecated in the latest versions of NetView) or you can use
the java based mibloaderpanel.

Paul

Ernie Dusett wrote:

I am trying to load a Cisco mib (cisco-entity-fru-control-mib.v1smi.my)
and
after a minute or 2, the xnmloadmib GUI abends, I receive error message "
Segmentation fault(coredump)" and a core file is created (unreadable).  I
have unloaded and reloaded other mibs, so I know it can be done.  Is this
just a bad mib? Or do I have another issue?

Thanks,