RE: [nv-l] Node Status does not change

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Node Status does not change
From: usman.taokeer@s-iii.com
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 10:34:21 +0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:32:23 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Mike,

The netview is on the Windows BOX not on a UNIX. I have been using NetView for more than an year now, and i've been using Terminal services to access it, eversince i've applied the FP3 and started using Switch Analyzer this problem has started, each and every IP network is 'Yellowed'. I dont know what the problem is : -

Is it FP3?
Is it Switch Analyzer?
Is it Terminal Services?

What does your experience say, how would you access NetView on Windows Machine?

Regards,
Usman Taokeer
Si3.

Mike Pearson <pearsom@us.ibm.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

08-07-05 07:20 PM
Please respond to
nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
RE: [nv-l] Node Status does not change

Usman:

       No, we can not recommend a way to do this, just as we do not recommend the type of emulator, such as Exceed etc, to access UNIX machines from Windows.  Others have used Exceed as an emulator just as others have used VNC to log on to the NetView machine.  Your choice would have to be based on the experiences of others.  I am sorry but that is the best advice I can give you.

Regards,
Michael Pearson

Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT Support
Building 660, Office  CC105B;
HWY. 54 & 600 PARK OFFICES DR
Research Triangle Park, N.C. 27709
(919) 254-2270
pearsom@us.ibm.com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli

usman.taokeer@s-iii.com
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

07/08/2005 09:31 AM
Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc
Subject
RE: [nv-l] Node Status does not change

Mike,

The Tivoli server is in our DataCenter, now i can't go in there and log on to the machine to work, is there any recommended way to access Tivoli Serves remotely?

Regards,

usman

Yes, NetView does not work if Terminal Services are used in any way to connect to NetView.

Regards,
Michael Pearson

Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT Support
Building 660, Office  CC105B;
HWY. 54 & 600 PARK OFFICES DR
Research Triangle Park, N.C. 27709
(919) 254-2270
pearsom@us.ibm.com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli

"praveen kumar" <praveenkumar.nair@ustri.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

07/07/2005 11:52 PM
Please respond to

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc

Subject
RE: [nv-l] Node Status does not change

Hi all,
Are there any issues if we connect through terminal service? And apply commands???

USTechnology

Praveen kumar

praveenkumar.nair@ustri.com

721, Nila
Technopark, Trivandrum
Tel: ++91-471-2335777 extn 8652
Cell: ++91-934-914-0942

Just a wild question but are you using Terminal Services to access NetView in any way?

Regards,
Michael Pearson

Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT Support
Building 660, Office  CC105B;
HWY. 54 & 600 PARK OFFICES DR
Research Triangle Park, N.C. 27709
(919) 254-2270
pearsom@us.ibm.com

Need help with Tivoli Software Products?
Ask Tivoli!
http://www.tivoli.com/asktivoli

usman.taokeer@s-iii.com
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

07/07/2005 11:56 AM

Please respond to

nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc

Subject
[nv-l] Node Status does not change

Hi,

We are using Netview 7.1.4 FP3. My NetView Map shows all nodes as Yellow (marginal). It was working fine but suddenly all the nodes staus changed. Dont know what is wrong, i logged in to one router manually shut down and and no shut an interface then its status changed in the MAP (back to green). What is wrong, is it Switch Analyzer or some NetView Deamon.

What should i look for?

Regards,
Usman Taokere
Si3