Re: [nv-l] A authenticationFailure trap (Cisco) received from enterprise

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] A authenticationFailure trap (Cisco) received from enterprise cisco
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 09:13:36 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:14:19 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Isn't there a log on the router which will tell you why it sent the trap?

Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

             "D'Apice,
             Domenico"
             <D.D'Apice@SAQ.qc                                          To
             .ca>                      <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
             owner-nv-l@lists.
             us.ibm.com                                            Subject
                                       [nv-l] A authenticationFailure trap
                                       (Cisco) received from enterprise
             07/19/2005 03:48          cisco
             PM

             Please respond to
                   nv-l

Hello All,

we reveive a netview event "trap authenticationFailure" from 3 of our
routers. Nothing has been change from Netview.

Why now Netview (sxptiv0009), receive this event from only 3 of our routers
? (Netview try to get some info of these 3 routers and the acces seem to be
denied…but when we doing "mib browser" info seem to be there...

Can it be a error in the router configuration even if we know that the
community is set ok each both side (router / netview) ?

Tue Jul 19 15:20:31 2005 tcdm1s4502.saq. A authenticationFailure trap
(Cisco) received from enterprise cisco with 1 arguments:
authAddr=sxptiv0009

SPECIFIC   : 0 (hex: 0)
GENERIC    : 4
CATEGORY   : Status Events